"I wanted to create a snack where there was no trade-off, no compromise…"
- Cassandra Stavrou, Co-founder
Cassandra Stavrou, co-founder of one of the UK’s fastest growing FMCG brands, Propercorn, tells us about how she created the brand with the intention of creating a satisfying snack that didn’t make you feel guilty for eating it. She also explains how overcommitting to great design throughout makes them stand out on the shelves and in the stock room.
Propercorn in brief
- Launched by Cassandra in 2011.
- Comes in 5 flavours – all gluten-free, low calorie and 100% natural.
- Sells 1.5million packets a month in the UK
- Recently began export operations to Ireland, Norway, Benelux and Switzerland.
Music: ‘Add And’ by Broke For Free from the album Petal.
Editor of The Challenger Project, marketing at eatbigfish. Fan of the underdog. West Ham supporter. All adds up really.